All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter their parents divorced in the 1970s, Andre Dubus III and his three siblings grew up with their overworked mother in a depressed Massachusetts mill town saturated with drugs and everyday violence. Nearby, his father, an eminent author, taught on a college campus and took the kids out on Sundays. The clash between town and gown, between the hard drinking, drugging, and fighting of townies and the ambitions of students debating books and ideas, couldn't have been more stark. In this unforgettable memoir, acclaimed velist Dubus shows us how he escaped the cycle of violence and found empathy in channeling the stories of others-bridging, in the process, the rift between his father and himself.
- Author BiographyAndre Dubus III is the author of The Garden of Last Days, House of Sand and Fog (a #1 New York Times bestseller, Oprah's Book Club pick, and finalist for the National Book Award) and Townie, winner of an American Academy of Arts and Letters Award in Literature. His writing has received many honors, including a Guggenheim Fellowship, a National Magazine Award, and two Pushcart Prizes. He lives with his family north of Boston.
- Author(s)Andre Dubus III
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication17/04/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.