All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lancastrian army was conducting a triumphant march on the capital, having defeated Warwick at the Second Battle of St. Albans, when on 4 March, Edward of York was proclaimed king in London. The Lancastrians withdrew rthwards and Edward followed in pursuit. The two armies met at the village of Towton on 29 March 1461. This long and bitter battle began early as the two armies advanced towards each other, raging all day with the Lancastrians seeming to have the better of it, until the Duke of Norfolk arrived with several thousand Yorkist reinforcements., resulting in what is kwn as 'Bloody Meadow'. This book reveals how Towton marked the resurgence of the Yorkist cause and established Edward IV as king.
- Author BiographyChristopher Gravett is Senior Curator of armour at the Tower Armouries, and a recognised authority on the arms, armour and warfare of the medieval world. His previous Osprey titles include Landmarks: The Norman Conquest, Warrior 1: 'Norman Knight 950-1204 AD' and Campaign 66: 'Bosworth 1485'. Graham Turner was born in Harrow in 1964, the son of the respected aviation artist Michael Turner. Graham has been a freelance artist since 1984, specialising in historical and military subjects, particularly of the medieval period, and has illustrated numerous Osprey titles.
- Author(s)Christopher Gravett
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/04/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 120
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note75 b&w and 11 colour illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Graham Turner
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.