All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionToxins and Biologically Active Compounds from Microalgae: Volume 2: Biological Effects and Risk Management is devoted to the effects toxic microalgae and their poisous products exert on living systems and how they may affect human activities. The most advanced information regarding the molecular mechanisms of action of major groups of toxins is presented, to frame for the description of toxic responses found in living systems exposed to microalgal toxins. Accounts of the recognized environmental effects of harmful algal blooms and the existing therapeutic applications of some toxins have been included. The picture is completed by the description of current initiatives to manage the risks posed by toxic microalgae, including strategies for the detoxification of contaminated seafood and the efforts to use most advanced informatic tools for the development of models for robust predictions regarding the appearance and the dynamics of harmful algal blooms. The complexity of risk management in the field is presented from a global perspective by highlighting major issues approached in world regions whose ecomic importance with regard to the production and commercialization of seafood is undeniable.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations, 13 colour illustrations
- Weight1088 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byGian Paolo Rossini
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.