All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Toyota Production System is thebenchmark used throughout theworld for lean thinking. Now youcan model your own processes after those ofthe company that wrote the book on supplychain management. Written by two experts on the subject, alongwith a former Toyota senior executive, thisbook details the most celebrated supply chaiperation in the world to help you form anintegrated, synchronized system that will bethe envy of your industry. You will find key insight into the logic behindevery point of Toyota's supply chain, alongwith both the tactics and strategies you canuse to build an outstanding system of yourown. Toyota Supply Chain Management explainshow to achieve balance and efficiencyby focusing on: Variety: Determine your varietyof offerings based on operationalefficiency and market demand Velocity: Maintain a steadyflow through all processes ofthe supply chain Variability: Manage inconsistenciescarefully to reduce cost andimprove quality Visibility: Ensure the transparencyof all processes to enable continuouslearning and improvement The authors provide valuable insider tipsand offer hands-on guidance for improvingproduction and operations in a variety ofindustries, including health care, insurance,banking, credit processing, and retailing. With careful attention paid to every aspectof the subject-from principles and theories tooperations and best practices-Toyota SupplyChain Management is the most comprehensive,insightful guide to forging a world-classsupply chain system.
- Author BiographySridhar Seshadri is a professor of operations management in the IROM Department at the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin. He has done extensive research on supply chain contracts and risk management. Roy Vasher is a former Toyota senior executive. Vasher played a leading role in Toyota's North American and European initiatives to streamline the supply chain to reduce order-to-delivery lead time. Currently he is president of RPV Consulting, LLC.
- Author(s)Ananth V. Iyer,Roy Vasher,Sridhar Seshadri
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight487 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.