About this product
- DescriptionTake a journey around the world to discover the toys and games of children just like you! Where in the world do children play 'the blanket toss' game? Where do children practice their skills for fierce kite fighting tournaments? What's inside a Russian matryoshka doll? Find out in Toys and Games Around the World! Children will love reading about the toys and games that their contemporaries in other countries play; from children who make their own toys to computerised robots and remote-controlled flying quadcopters! Includes Art Station activities where readers are encouraged to use their new kwledge creatively!
- Author BiographyI have been writing for many years in a number of different genres, from books for babies up to books for 11 year-olds plus. I like to try new things and tackle new subjects, so I don't limit myself to one type of book. One month I might be writing about history, and the next month I might be creating an imaginary story. Examples of my work have been selected for national Key Stage study in the UK, and in the USA I was commended by the Library of Congress for my work in non-fiction, which they felt encouraged reluctant readers. I work with visuals always in mind, and love the challenge of getting across information or an exciting story with good graphics to back it up. Lately I have been blogging about the craft of writing, and I've also appeared at National Book Festivals, which I think of as the most challenging thing of all to do! I get a lot of emails from children around the world, inspired by one of my books they have read, and that gives me great pleasure.
- Author(s)Moira Butterfield
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleChildren Like Us
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight344 g
- Width218 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.