All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcept for C. S. Lewis and Oswald Chambers, it is difficult to find a 20th-century Protestant author who has a wider audience than Tozer. With more than 3 million books in print, the works of Tozer find their place on library shelves literally around the world.However, it is less well-kwn that Tozer had a particularly profound impact on college students. This volume consists of never-before-published chapel messages and sermons preached during 1952 and 1954 at Wheaton College. In many ways, Tozer's messages are just as timely today as they were a generation ago, tes compiler and editor Dr. Lyle Dorsett. The truths are timeless. It is my prayer that he will speak to you with the same life-changing power thathe spoke to his generation.
- Author BiographyA.W. TOZER began his lifelong pursuit of God at the age of seventeen after hearing a street preacher in Akron, Ohio. A self-taught theologian, Tozer was a pastor, writer and editor whose powerful use of words continues to grip the intellect and stir the soul of today's reader. Among his best-loved books are the classics The Pursuit of God and The Attributes of God. REV. DR. LYLE W. DORSETT (Ph.D., University of Missouri-Columbia) is the Billy Graham Professor of Evangelism at Beeson Divinity School, Samford University, in Birmingham, Alabama. He is the author of numerous books, among them biographies of Joy Davidman (Mrs. C.S. Lewis), E. M. Bounds, and Billy Sunday. Keenly interested in the life and writings of C. S. Lewis, he has published a volume of Lewis s Letters to Children, The Essential C. S. Lewis, A Passion for Souls: The Life of D. L. Moody ; Seeking the Secret Place: The Spiritual Formation of C.S. Lewis and A Passion for God: The Spiritual Journey of A.W. Tozer. His most recent book, published in August 2012, is titled Serving God and Country: US Military Chaplains in World War II. He serves as Rector of Christ the King Anglican Church in Homewood, Alabama, which he and his wife and deacon, Mary, planted in November 2007.The Dorsetts have two children and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)A W Tozer
- PublisherWingspread Publisher
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWingspread Publisher
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byLyle W Dorsett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.