All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe use of mathematical modeling te chniques in biomedical research is playing an increasingly important role aso ne seeks tounderstand the physiopathology of disease processes. This includes t only understand ing mechanisms ofphysiological processes, but diagsis and treatment. In addition, its introduction in the study of gemics andproteomics is key in understanding the functional ch aracteristics of gene expression and protein assembly and secretion. Finally, with the increasing com plexity and associated cost of drug development, modeling techniques are being used to streamline the process. We have workedin c lose collaboration with colleagues in biomedical and pharmaceutical research for a number of years applying and refining mathematical modeling techniques to avariety o f problems. In addition, we haveworked incollaboration with colleagues in applied m athematics and statistics to develop new algorithms to solve new setsof problems as theyemerge i ur research efforts. Finally, we have worked with colleagues in computer sciencet o develop new software tools that bring the power of mathematical modeling to a broad research community. This books brings together mucho f what we have learned over the years, and presents the material in a format that should be accessible both to the vice reader and those desiring more detailed information about specific techniques.
- Author(s)Claudio Cobelli,David Foster,Gianna Toffolo
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/05/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight718 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.