All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Dee's daughter, Corrie, decides to spend her gap year in Bues Aires, Argentina, it seems like the perfect solution for a mother-daughter relationship that has been suffocating under the strain of grief. That is, until Corrie's host family contact Dee unexpectedly, concerned that Corrie hasn't returned from a short trip and may t be safe. With worst case scenarios flashing through her mind, Dee immediately boards a plane from Australia, and starts the process of officially reporting her daughter as missing. Five years later, the search is still going, with Dee making an annual pilgrimage to Bues Aires, desperate for a clue, a hint, a lead...anything at all that will reveal her daughter's fate. On her fifth visit, as Dee is preparing herself to finally start letting go, a chance sighting of someone resembling Corrie in a photograph sparks the biggest sign of hope that Dee has had in years. Traces of Absence is a stirring and thoughtful portrayal of parenthood, faith, guilt and one mother's contemplation of how long to keep searching for a lost child.
- Author(s)Susan Holoubek
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Australia
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.92
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.