All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionTraces of History presents a new approach to race and to comparative colonial studies. Bringing a historical perspective to bear on the regimes of race that colonizers have sought to impose on Aboriginal people in Australia, on Blacks and Native Americans in the United States, on Ashkenazi Jews in Western Europe, on Arab-Jews in Israel/Palestine, and on people of African descent in Brazil, this book shows how race marks and reproduces the different relationships of inequality into which Europeans have coopted subaltern populations: territorial dispossession, enslavement, confinement, assimilation, and removal.
- Author BiographyPatrick Wolfe is an Australian writer and historian. He has held appointments at various universities, including La Trobe University, Harvard University, Stanford University, and the universities of Melbourne and New Orleans. His publications include Settler Colonialism and the Transformation of Anthropology. He has written extensively on race, colonialism, sovereignty, genocide, and the history of anthropology. He has been active in the Australian Aboriginal Land Rights movement and in Australians for Palestine.
- Author(s)Patrick Wolfe
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight567 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.