All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBirmingham, the cradle of the industrial revolution and the world's first manufacturing town, is an important focus for many family historians who will find that their trail leads through it. Rural migrants, Quakers, Jews, Irish, Italians, and more recently people from the Caribbean, South-Asia and China have all made Birmingham their home. This vibrant history is reflected in the city's rich collections of records, and Michael Sharpe's handbook is the ideal guide to them. He introduces readers to the wealth of information available, providing an essential guide for anyone researching the history of the city or the life of an individual ancestor. His work addresses vices and experienced researchers alike and offers a compendium of sources from legal and ecclesiastical archives, to the records of local government, employers, institutions, clubs, societies and schools. Accessible, informative and extensively referenced, it is the perfect companion for research in Britain's second city.
- Author BiographyMichael Sharpe is a professional genealogist, writer and lecturer who specializes in the local and family history of Birmingham and the wider West Midlands. He is a member of the Society of Genealogists, the Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry, and several other family and local history societies. He is the author of Family Matters: A History of Genealogy. Michael was born in Birmingham and has traced his roots there back to 1750, long before the influxes of the industrial revolution, making him a true 'Brummie'.
- Author(s)Michael Sharpe
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content Note30 Illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.16Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.