All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.09Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $38.18Trending at AU $44.62
- AU $33.21Trending at AU $49.65
About this product
- Description'Tractors, Diggers and Dozers - A Picture Book For Kids, includes Tractor History, Diggers, Bulldozers / Dozers and Excavators' and is a n-fiction introduction to the wonderful world of heavy equipment. Apart from the great photographs within this book, Lilley Light presents the humble beginnings of the Tractor and provides an historical summary that is easy for children to appreciate and absorb. Tractors, Diggers and Dozers - A Picture Book For Kids is the perfect learning tool for children. For those younger ones with a fascination for the machines they see working in their local neighborhood there are lots of pictures to enjoy. For those a little older there are descriptions of the mighty machines and how they have developed over the years. So who is this book for? Anyone who is interested in, or fascinated by, those large machines that help us build, farm, mine and repair things. In particular, this book is intended for parents who want to share the learning process with their children and wish to read to their younger aged children or for older children wanting to read for themselves. There are lots of photos to look at as you read through this book to help understand the meaning of the words - a picture is worth a thousand words as they say, making it easier to understand and retain the information presented.
- Author BiographyLilley Light was born in New Zealand where she lived until 1999. She then moved to Brisbane Australia, living there until 2012 when she returned to her native country. The pull of the beautiful New Zealand countryside and her two grandchildren were too hard to resist any longer. Lilley has always enjoyed reading and, with the two grandchildren in mind, decided to write educational, non-fiction picture books that could either be read to younger children, or as they progressed with their reading abilities, books for kids ages 6-8 to read for themselves. The information presented in her books also helps students with their early education science and physics projects. Lilley's second book 'How Fast Does It Go: The SPEED of things - A childhood education science book about the speed of 20 types of transport', published in November 2013 was born from the continuous questions from one of her grandchildren... Grandma, how fast do space ships travel?, or How fast do speed boats go?, or How fast do cars go?, kids are like sponges when it comes to learning and things that go and other various forms of transportation always hold their interest. Her first book, 'Tractors, Diggers and Dozers - A Childhood Education Science Picture Book About Tractors, Diggers & Bulldozers' was published in August 2013 as one of her grandchildren absolutely adores these hard working machines and even drags his Mom to see them in action. Lilley intends to write many more books during 2014 and beyond.
- Author(s)Lilley Light
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.