All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe trade conflicts that the EU has faced within the EU or WTO context demonstrate that the question of how to balance trade and other societal values in situations of uncertainty has t been solved by the regulatory model evolved by the EU in the aftermath of the BSE crisis - one which privileges processes of depoliticisation and scientification. This book addresses the current key dilemmas around science, law and the regulation of trade, both on a regime level and in the context of particular industrial sectors, e.g pharmaceuticals, climate change and natechlogy. It will present possible future research avenues by looking at both theory and practice and learning from various disciplines (law and social sciences), legal realities (WTO, USA and EU) and actors (regulators, stakeholders, courts).
- Author BiographyMarjolein B.A van Asselt is Risk Governance chair, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Maastricht University, and member of the Scientific Council for Government Policy (WRR), The Hague. Michelle Everson is Professor of European Law at Birkbeck. Ellen Vos is Professor of European Union Law at the Law Faculty of Maastricht University. She is fellow at the Institute for Globalisation and International Regulation (IGIR) of Maastricht University.
- Author(s)Ellen Vos,Marjolein Van Asselt,Michelle Everson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Explorations in Environmental Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight530 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.