Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionIn an era of globalization, trade in goods and cross-border services and capital flows play a key role in determining the ecomic growth path of countries. Over the last two decades, countries have embarked on several alternate tracks to liberalize and deepen their linkage with the world ecomy. The growing trade-investment nexus and the emerging developments lead to deeper international production networks, rise in cross-border trade in services and in regional trade agreements and so on. The debate of whether it is possible to empirically validate the potential benefits of this deepening trade-investment linkage is ongoing. The evidence in literature is, however, ambiguous. This book contributes to the literature by looking at Asian ecomies and at the EU, Maghreb countries and Pacific Island ecomics. It examines the issues under four broad areas, namely: (1) trade: theoretical and policy issues, (2) factor flows: impact on trade and welfare, (3) impact of trade and factor flows on environment and (4) institutions, international trade and policy issues.
- Author BiographyDebashis Chakraborty is Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi. His research interests include international trade policy and WTO negotiations, environmental sustainability and Indian economic development. He has co-edited the books Environmental Challenges and Governance: diverse perspectives from Asia and Environmental Scenario in India: successes and predicaments, both published by Routledge. Jaydeep Mukherjee is Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi. His research interests include financial-sector and real-sector economy interlinkage, open-economy macroeconomy, macro-economic policy and applied econometrics. He has been involved in more than fifteen research projects commissioned by ministries of Indian government, multilateral bodies and corporate entities.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Development Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 84 black & white tables, 52 black & white line drawings
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDebashis Chakraborty,Jaydeep Mukherjee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.