All listings for this product
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis book uses Alan Winters' analytical framework to investigate the effects of trade liberalisation on ecomic growth and poverty in Vietnam. The country launched a programme of ecomic and trade reforms, kwn as Doi Moi, in the mid-1980s which placed the ecomy on a transitional path from central planning to a market ecomy. Since then Vietnam has attained a number of remarkable achievements in terms of ecomic growth and poverty reduction. Although some formidable problems (such as inequality and inflation) remain, it is apparent that trade liberalisation has been associated with a big reduction in poverty. The analysis in the book focuses on the microecomic (household) level, and there is an emphasis on tracing the effects of trade liberalisation through the four separate channels identified by Winters. Such in-depth and micro-level analyses yield new insights that support important policy lessons and recommendations for Vietnam in particular and, more generally, for similar developing countries.
- Author BiographyMinh Son Le, PhD (Griffith University), is a lecturer at the International Economics Faculty, Banking University Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. His current teaching areas are econometrics, macroeconomics, and economics of development. His primary research interests include trade liberalisation and poverty, institutional economics, and private sector development. Tarlok Singh, PhD (University of New South Wales), is a senior lecturer at the Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia. He teaches applied econometrics, international economics, financial economics, macroeconomics, and monetary economics at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. His main research interests are applied econometrics, economic growth, monetary economics, and open economy macroeconomics. Duc-Tho Nguyen, PhD (Australian National University), is an adjunct professor at Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia, where he previously held senior positions, including Dean of Commerce and Administration, and Head of the School of Economics. His main research interests are economic growth and development, macroeconomic issues in Asia-Pacific economies, financial economics, and applied economics.
- Author(s)Duc-Tho Nguyen,Minh Son Le,Tarlok Singh
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, 62 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.