All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrade unions in Europe are constantly facing new challenges as the scope and influence of the European Union increases in the spheres of employment and social regulation. This book examines the dilemmas brought about by contemporary processes of ecomic and social change in the EU and evaluates the role and influence of trade unions and the nature of their response. Contributors are drawn from a number of different countries, and chapters address contemporary issues in areas of expertise in the field of industrial relations. Topics include: the European social partners and the effectiveness of social dialogue processes; the implications of subsidiarity and the open method of co-ordination; gender representation in trade unions; European Monetary Union and the public services; the ambiguous role of trade unions in European Works Councils; and the internal reform, organisation and restructuring of trade unions in Europe. This text is a useful reader, addressing a number of key contemporary developments in European trade unions and industrial relations. It will be of interest to those studying industrial relations, business studies, sociology, European studies and political science as well as managers, trade unionists and practitioners in the field of social and employment policy.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Deborah Foster is a BA (Hons) in Sociology (University of Lancaster), Ph.D. (University of Bath) and a lecturer in Human Resource Management at Cardiff University Business School. Peter Scott is a BA (Hons) in Politics and Government (City of London Polytechnic), MSc (University of Manchester) and Ph.D. (University of Bath) and is a senior lecturer in Organisation Studies at the University of Portsmouth. They have worked together on a number of research projects and publications, including various articles on the impact of policies of privatisation and marketisation on trade unions in the UK. More recently, they have conducted research into European Monetary Union, public services and trade unionism in Europe. Both have been actively involved in the British Sociological Association journal, Work, Employment and Society.
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleWork & Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 32
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Notegraphs & tables
- Weight330 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byDeborah Foster,Peter Scott,Philippe Pochet
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.