All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn order to succeed in the capital markets, professional traders and investors must understand that markets aren't mathematical abstractions, but dynamic, real-time reflectors of the world we live in. You need to kw how the capital markets work in practice, what the drivers are, how to recognize them, and how to develop and implement effective trading strategies. Written by Joseph Benning, a Moody's Vice President and former Senior Ecomist at the Chicago Board of Trade, this vital financial resource provides examples of successful trading strategies, guidance on when and why to use them, and revealing discussions of trading psychology and risk management. With his trademark lively and engaging style, Dr. Benning cuts through the complexities of the capital markets, making them accessible, practical, interesting, and easy to understand. He also organizes Trading Strategies for Capital Markets into three sections for maximum depth and clarity that cover The historical development of capital markets, the modern market, and drivers such as pricing, policy, and volatility Main instruments of capital markets, including debt, treasury and federal securities, corporate and municipal bonds, equity securities, hybrid securities, and options. This part also covers trading strategies such as Carry Trade, Tactical Yield Curve Trading, Treasury Basis, and Synthetic Yield Curve--and offers expert accounts of ETFs and equity indexes Insightful information on risk management, behavioral finance, trading psychology, and position risk Trading Strategies for Capital Markets equips professional traders and investors with a complete, one-stop reference for all aspects of today's complex capital markets that includes winning trading strategies for taking advantage of current market realities.
- Author BiographyJoseph Benning, Ph.D., is currently Vice President and Senior Training Consultant for capital markets and derivatives at Moody's, as well as an adjunct Professor of Finance at New School University. He was previously a Senior Economist at the Chicago Board of Trade, and prior to that, was a Visiting Fellow at the Center for Global Change and Governance. Dr. Benning has also served as a bond trader, trading manager, and sales manager at several investment banks, in both New York and London.
- Author(s)Joseph F. Benning
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight835 g
- Width149 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $36.69Trending at AU $37.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.