All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBox making has always been one of the perennial favourites of all wood projects and because wooden boxes make such meaningful gifts, this collection of beautiful, durable and functional box projects is sure to please. All of the designs are based on traditional boxes, historically inspired by Shaker, Arts & Crafts and other popular styles. But this is t a book of exacting reproductions for master craftsmen only, these are attainable interpretations of some of the most enduring box designs, all presented in a step-by-step format, with photos and detailed instructions. The author, a fine-furniture maker, offers tried-and-true tips for avoiding pitfalls as well as alternative design and construction options. Most of the boxes are easy to build, though a few offer challenges. A wide array of design styles and the consistent high level of detail in the projects will appeal to a range of woodworkers.
- Author BiographyStrother Purdy owns and operates Purdy's Fine Furniture in America. He has taught woodworking and has been professionally involved in the field for 23 years. He was also an editor at Fine Woodworking.
- Author(s)Strother Purdy
- PublisherTaunton Press Inc
- Date of Publication08/04/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationConnecticut
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaunton Press Inc
- Out-of-print date14/10/2015
- Content Notefull colour throughout, over 320 photographs, includes drawings
- Weight558 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.