All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.04
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $32.82
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.41
- AU $42.00Trending at AU $42.81
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.96
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.22
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.80
About this product
- DescriptionRamola Parbhoo was schooled in the art of Indian cuisine from the tender age of six when her mother sat her down to play in the kitchen with a piece of dough, a roti board and an Indian rolling pin. Since then her love affair with this part of her culture has never ended and has been an evolving journey spiced with family memories, a continual thirst for kwledge and an appreciation of the Indian culinary tradition. It is this very tradition that has also woven itself in so many ways into the fabric of South Africa's own eclectic culinary life. In Traditional Indian Cooking in South Africa, this exotic cuisine is presented in a wealth of over 170 recipes and all new photography - an updated and revised edition of the original, bestselling Indian Cookery for South Africa. For those who would love to create their own authentic Indian meals, the author has provided menu suggestions.
- Author BiographyRamola Parbhoo began her professional culinary career in 1980 when she established the first school of Indian cuisine in South Africa in Cape Town which was attended by a range of students from novice cooks to professional hotel chefs. She was the recipient of an Honorary Grande Diploma from Silwood Kitchen in 1986 and has also owned her own restaurant. Her passion for life and people combined with a flair for vibrant colours and oriental decor marks her individual style. Presently Ramola embraces a multi-cultured and serene lifestyle enriched by her extensive travels, thereby developing new ideas and culinary skills from different peoples of the world. Ramola resides in Cape Town with her husband Pradeep.
- Author(s)Ramola Parbhoo
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationFrenchs Forest, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight816 g
- Width230 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.