Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $26.99New
- AU $14.63New
- AU $21.70New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $35.56
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $33.96
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $44.70
About this product
- DescriptionTraditional Kurdish Food is perhaps the most comprehensive book about Kurdish culinary heritage - and one of the only Kurdish cookery books available in the English language. With her straightforward and easy to follow style, Ala Barzinji proves an enlightening guide to the Kurdish culinary tradition, as well as providing a number of delightful additions to any cook's repertoire. Kurdish food represents a blend of Indo-European styles, but is distinctive because of its focus on fresh ingredients and it's variety of spices and herbs that gives the cuisine its own special tastes. The recipes are grouped into eight categories. Some of the recipes are perfect for special occasions and require more time and patience to compile, others are quick and easy and perfect for weekdays. Beautiful photos show how the food looks when finished and gives some ideas for presentation. The perfect cookbook for anyone keen to experience new food and cultures and who wants to explore newly presented cuisine beyond the Middle East from its original source.
- Author BiographyAla Barzinji is from Southern Kurdistan and has been a British resident since 1995. She uses food to keep alive the connection with her homeland and to teach her children about their heritage. Now with a postgraduate degree in mathematics and computing, and an interest in photography and organic gardening, Ala enjoys exploring the Kentish countryside and, of course, cooking.
- Author(s)Ala Barzinji
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication21/03/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTroubador Publishing
- Out-of-print date11/01/2016
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.