All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionTraffic Safety applies the methods of science to better understand one of the worldi 1/2s major problems -- harm in road traffic.
- Author BiographyLeonard Evans is an internationally renowned traffic safety expert. His degrees include a doctorate in physics from Oxford University, England. He has presented traffic-safety lectures, including 22 Keynote Addresses, in 30 countries. His 195 publications include Traffic Safety (2004) and his distinctly different Traffic Safety and the Driver (1991). Traffic Safety is used in more than 50 countries. It is a college course text in many, including many US universities. Dr. Evans' research has received awards from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the International Traffic Medicine Association (ITMA), the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine (AAAM), the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES), the International Association for Accident and Traffic Medicine, the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology, the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), and General Motors (GM). He has been president of ITMA and AAAM, the only individual to have headed both organizations. He is president of Science Serving Society, a one-man organization he formed in 2000 to continue research and other professional activities after completing a 33-year research career with GM. Dr. Evans was a Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer (2001-2), and recipient of the SAE's Lloyd L. Withrow Distinguished Speaker Award (2005, and also 2006). He is a fellow of the SAE, a fellow of HFES, a fellow of the AAAM, President Emeritus of the ITMA, and a member of the National Academy of Engineering.
- Author(s)Leonard Evans
- PublisherScience Serving Society
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScience Serving Society
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.