All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on in-depth ethgraphic work, this book presents a study of Filipinas trafficked to South Korea, focusing on women who entered South Korea as migrant entertainers and subsequently became deployed in exploitative work environments around US military bases there. It contributes to the extension of our kwledge about human trafficking in the Asian region through an exploration of the experiences of more than 100 women who took part in the study. The book challenges many of the accepted understandings about trafficking victims and unravels the implications of these narrow understandings for the women themselves. It explores the ways women negotiate trafficking largely outside of the emerging formal anti-trafficking framework, and explains how new community formations and social networks emerge crafted by the women themselves to manage and overcome their vulnerabilities in migration.
- Author BiographySallie Yea is Assistant Professor in the Department of Humanities and Social Science Education at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Author(s)Sallie Yea
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleASAA Women in Asia Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.