All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTragedy Boy . . . Meet Tragedy Girl Of course Anne would be drawn to Blake. He’s good-looking, he’s friendly, and they both bring sob stories to the table: her parents died in a car wreck; his girlfriend, Cara, drowned. Of course Blake would understand what she’s going through. And of course they can help each other work through the pain. It’s like it was meant to be. But just as Anne starts to feel like she’s finally found something good in all the tragedy, there are signs she can’t igre that something’s off. Her friends rarely let her be alone with Blake. Even those closest to Blake seem uneasy around him. And then there are the rumors about the death of Cara, whose body was never recovered. Rumors that suggest Blake’s pain is hiding something darker than Anne can even begin to comprehend . . . Praise: A deftly plotted psychological mystery. —Kirkus Reviews Adeptly building anticipation in her psychological mystery, Deriso keeps readers guessing while eloquently describing grief and the effort it takes to move through it. —Publishers Weekly Should appeal to fans of both April Henry's thrillers and Sarah Dessen's realistic romances. —Booklist A quick and suspenseful read. —VOYA Gripping. —School Library Journal
- Author BiographyChristine Hurley Deriso (North Augusta, SC) is an award-winning author of three middle grade novels. She has also contributed to Ladies' Home Journal, Parents, and other national magazines. Visit her online at www.christinehurleyderiso.com.
- Author(s)Christine Hurley Deriso
- PublisherNorth Star Editions
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.