All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive, authoritative account of tragedy is the culmination of Hans-Thies Lehmann's groundbreaking contributions to theatre and performance scholarship. It is a major milestone in our understanding of this core foundation of the dramatic arts. From the philosophical roots and theories of tragedy, through its inextricable relationship with drama, to its impact upon post-dramatic forms, this is the definitive work in its field. Lehmann plots a course through the history of dramatic thought, taking in Aristotle, Plato, Seneca, Nietzsche, Heidegger, Lacan, Shakespeare, Schiller, Holderlin, Wagner, Maeterlinck, Yeats, Brecht, Kantor, Heiner Muller and Sarah Kane.
- Author BiographyProfessor Hans-Thies Lehmann is one of the most eminent and internationally renowned German theatre scholars. He is a leading expert on Bertolt Brecht and Heiner Muller, and President of the International Brecht Society. His groundbreaking study Postdramatic Theatre (1999) was translated into more than twenty languages and has made a pivotal contribution to the theorisation of contemporary international theatre and performance practice.
- Author(s)Hans-Thies Lehmann
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2016
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight714 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.