All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential fashion statement, sports shoes are longer designed simply for running or working out. It's t eugh for a shoe to fit the wearer and be bouncy, it must have style, offer protection against injury and give the wearer enhanced performance potential, especially if they are endorsed by a cool sporting-world figure. In the late 1990s, people who would never go running selected trainers as their casual shoe. True enthusiasts purchased two pairs at once - one to wear, the other to keep shrink-wrapped and box-fresh as a future collector's item. The Nike Air Rift, with its split toe, for example, is a design classic. Trainers pays tribute to the cult popularity of this most versatile shoe, and charts its rise. With over 300 styles included, from old-school adidas to the newest lines from Reebok, from the legendary Converse All Star to Nike's latest high-tech Air Max, all photographed in full colour, this is the complete compendium of casual shoe style that tells you everything you ever wanted to kw about trainers. In addition, there are several special feature spreads, which take a look at brand identity, endorsements from sportsmen and women, key advertising campaigns, celebrity trainer-wearers, street style and customisation. This is a must-have purchase for all trainer enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyNeal Heard is an acknowledged trainer aficionado and vintage dealer who has sourced, collected and dealt in deadstock trainers since the early 1990s. He lives in Wales.
- Author(s)Neal Heard
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Width222 mm
- Height141 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.