All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen young people struggle with problems, they often turn to their friends for help, and this guide provides adults with 15 sessions to prepare them for such challenges through skill-building activities, assignments, and 28 reproducible handouts. Based on the 40 Developmental Assets[registered] - the essential building blocks of healthy development that young people need to succeed - the sessions focus on good communication skills, assertiveness in the face of peer pressure, and difficult decision making. Revised to include updated statistics about the percentage of youth who report experiencing each asset, as well as a CD-ROM packed with digital versions of the handouts, this edition will assure that young people truly can get by with a little help from their friends.
- Author BiographyBarbara B. Varenhorst, PhD, is a leading pioneer in peer helping who began her work as a school counselor in the 1960s. The cofounder and past president of the National Peer Helpers Association, she served on numerous professional and academic boards and is the author of Real Friends and Training Teenagers for Peer Ministry.
- Author(s)Barbara Varenhorst
- PublisherSearch Institute
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSearch Institute
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.