CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionCommanders always require a large amount of data in order to maintain situational awareness, a very complicated endeavor especially during deployments in Iraq or Afghanistan with subordinate units spread across the country. The Battle Command Sustainment Support System (BCS3) is the logistics Battle Command system that provides command and control to logistics commanders. The BCS3's capabilities include the logistics common operating picture, In-transit visibility of convoys and commodities, logistics status and Standard Army Information System reporting, and Reception, Staging, Onward Movement, and Integration. Unfortunately, in spite of its vast capabilities, units underutilize the BCS3 in the field. There are numerous possible reasons for the low use of the system as a whole and evidence also points to lack of use in specific modules and program capabilities. Although recent BCS3 software improvements may assist operators to perform common tasks, a key to increasing the BCS3's popularity is to improve familiarization by logistics managers specifically. Training and certification of Functional Area 90 students during their attendance at Intermediate Level Education at the Command and General Staff College should increase their willingness to use the BCS3 in the field. Findings of this study conclude that a correlation does t exists between confidence to manage BCS3 operators in the field but willingness to operate and manage the system is dependent on three factors: (a) the amount, quality, and type of formal BCS3 training, (b) the degree of familiarization to the BCS3, and (c) how well the logistics manager understands the capabilities within the BCS3.
- Author(s)Donald C Santillo
- Date of Publication18/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight213 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.