All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA breakthrough approach to dog training, tapping the power of cooperation by integrating a dog s natural instinct with an owner s personality. Kate Perry has seen it all: the secret pee-ers, the delivery-man harassers, the agoraphobics. Every dog presents a unique set of drives, traits, and needs and so does every owner. Delivering the effective approach that has made her a highly sought-after canine consultant, Training for Both Ends of the Leash incorporates the owner s lifestyle and household setup to create a balanced training program and reliable behavior for dogs and their owners.Training for Both Ends of the Leash helps identify a dog s dominant drives and personality so that owners can develop a personalized training system that targets specific problems. Only positive reinforcement is permitted, and owners are taught how to appropriately accommodate a dog s tendencies, leading to a fun, loving, and respectful atmosphere in which owner and pet can forge a strong bond based on trust. Featuring personal stories from her client files, along with Perry s unique Canine-ality Quiz to determine your dog s temperment and advice with Professor Sophie (Kate s pug, who has helped train more than 3,000 dogs), the book covers every concern, from housebreaking and socialization to street smarts and anxiety.For anyone who is struggling with a new dog or simply wants to improve a situation with a current dog, Training for Both Ends of the Leash puts people and their pups on the road to domestic bliss.
- Author BiographyKate Perry owns Kate Perry Dog Training, servicing six New York locations. Certified by the Animal Behavior College, she has been featured widely in the media, including on Animal Planet and Today. Yvonne Conza is the founder of woofpatrol.com, an education and etiquette website and organization for dog owners.
- Author(s)Kate Perry,Yvonne Conza
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvery Publishing Group Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.