All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis 26-session Bible overview designed to equip lay leaders to serve as elders, Sunday school teachers, small group facilitators, and in other positions of service in the church can be completed as a group study or a self-study. The Training for Service Leader Guide includes the full text of the Student Guide as well as the material needed to lead the 26-session Bible survey course and to certify students for positions of Christian service. Both volumes have revised graphics and have been updated to reflect the best understanding of the Bible and educational methodology.The church depends on volunteer workers to staff educational ministries. Sunday school teachers and small group leaders may have a heart to teach the Bible, but how have they been academically prepared? Over the course of a century, Training for Service has equipped over one million volunteers with this basic course and certification for Bible teaching. This new revision retains all the features listed above and also gives access to www.trainingforservice.com, which: Gives the leader access to every reproducible included in the Leader Guide in a larger format. Allows the leader to create a full-color, fully personalized completion certificate for each graduate. Posts names of every graduate of the course submitted by the leader month by month. And contains many more helpful features!
- Author BiographyHERBERT MONINGER wrote the original Training for Service in 1907, summarizing the content of his popular teacher-training seminars.CECIL JAMES (C. J.) SHARP, minister and high school principal, revised Moninger s work in 1934.ORRIN ROOT, a former editor at Standard Publishing, revised the book in the 1960s, reducing the original 40-lesson format to the current 26 sessions.ELEANOR DANIEL, seminary professor and Christian education expert, revised the book in the 1980s.JIM EICHENBERGER, a former schoolteacher and principal, and currently a writer and editor at Standard Publishing, authored this revision.
- Author(s)Cecil James Sharp,Eleanor Daniel,Herbert Moninger,Jim Eichenberger,Orrin Root
- PublisherStandard Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStandard Publishing Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight295 g
- Width168 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.