Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis study ackwledges the importance of multifunctional logistics proficiency to support the revolution in military logistics required to realize the Army's transformation to the Objective Force. To this end, this research analyzed the optimal career timing for multifunctional logistics training for the commissioned officer corps. Continual support structure evolution and techlogical advances have blurred the division of functional logistics responsibility resulting in a support structure that relies heavily on multifunctional logisticians. In an effort to determine the ideal career timing for multifunctional logistics training, this study examined the historical trends that have illustrated a requirement for increased proficiency in all facets of logistics at increasingly lower ranks. Specifically, transformational forces (Digitized Division and Stryker Brigade Combat Team) generate requirements for this proficiency at the company-grade ranks. This research also surveyed the opinions of logistics officers in various ranks to determine the logistics community's perceived educational requirements and necessary changes to the current officer education system. Based on the doctrinal evolution of logistics structure and manning that fosters a requirement for multifunctional logistics abilities in junior company-grade officers, and the conclusions drawn from a logistics officer survey, multifunctional logistics training should be trained upon initial entry at the officer basic course.
- Author(s)Christopher L Day
- Date of Publication18/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight163 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.