All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOxford Specialty Training is a specialty revision series for postgraduate trainees, taking into account the training structures and syllabuses newly introduced by the Modernising Medical Careers initiative. Training in Anaesthesia is a curriculum-based guide to the first phase of specialty training in anaesthetics; comprehensively covering the specific techniques, assessments and basic medical and physiological kwledge that trainees are required to learn as part of their basic training. These areas are currently examined by the Primary FRCA exam as part of a student's progress towards full fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, though the kwledge contained within the book continues to apply throughout all phases of training. The book is authored by both trainees and specialists, and has been comprehensively edited and peer-reviewed by both groups in order to create an authoritative yet accessible text, highlighted and augmented by many of the diagrams and key concepts that a trainee may be expected to reproduce during viva examinations. Novel drug tables convey essential information in a new and attractive form, and the majority of images have been created specifically for this book, avoiding the cliched figures and illustrations reproduced in training texts to date. The organisation of the material is unique, and the topic-based design ensures easy navigation and structured revision and learning.
- Author BiographyCatherine Spoors trained at Downing College, Cambridge, and New College, Oxford. She is currently a Specialist Registrar in the Bart's and the London School of Anaesthesia. She has a special interest in medical education. Kevin Kiff qualified from the London Hospital Medical School, and following a grounding in medicine started his anaesthetic training in London, completing the final FRCA examination in 1993. Following one year at Great Ormond Steet PICU, he was appointed Senior Registrar in Anaesthesia at St Bartholomew's Hospital, during which time he jointly received the BMA's Elizabeth Wherry prize and published on porcine models of critical illness and predictors of paediatric respiratory failure. Dr Kiff was appointed Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford in 1997, and since then has been heavily involved in the training of anaesthetists, medics, surgeons and medical students. Dr Kiff teaches regularly on and directs National ATLS courses. His special research and audit interests include the implementation of Early Warning Systems and the provision of in-patient emergency care.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Specialty Training
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note669 illustrations
- Weight1543 g
- Width194 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCatherine Spoors,Kevin Kiff
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.