All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an up-to-date evidence-based textbook for junior obstetricians and gynaecologists. It contains all the material relevant to everyday practice and the new RCOG curriculum. It has been written and edited by inspiring teams that combine juniors, new and established consultants working in a range of settings and many of the UK's top experts in obstetrics and gynaecology. Step-by-step descriptions and pictures of practical procedures help trainees integrate their clinical and drills-and-skills teaching with the theoretical basis of the vital, life-saving and emergency aspects of this specialty. The text covers the basic kwledge, skills and attitudes required before taking advanced modules or training in the subspecialty areas of obstetrics and gynaecology. Full reference is made to grades and levels of evidence, to specialty, and RCOG and NICE guidance. A vel section on professional skills covers a wide range of issues that other textbooks skim over but will add quality to practice: communication skills, breaking bad news, clinical errors and negligence, the Confidential Enquiries, law and ethics and what to do when things go wrong. The book manages to combine both a freshness and enthusiasm for the specialty along with wisdom rooted in reflective clinical practice. The text is laid out with excellent illustrations, diagrams, clinical tips, landmark studies, key references and useful websites, all encouraging understanding and enjoyable learning.
- Author BiographyIppokratis Sarris is a Specialist Registrar in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. He gained his undergraduate degree at Trinity College, Cambridge, and then completed his medical studies at Magdalen College, Oxford, in 2002. Since then he has been training and practising in London. He has obtained the diploma in advanced obstetrics scanning and has special interest in gynaecological surgery and subfertility. He is regularly involved with formal and informal teaching activities. Susan Bewley trained traditionally in obstetrics and gynaecology, taking a degree in law and ethics on the way. She then became the first woman subspecialty trained in Maternal-Fetal Medicine in the UK. Since 1994 she has been a consultant obstetrician at Guys' & St Thomas' Hospitals, as well as Director of Obstetrics and Clinical Director of Women's Services. She has special interests in complex medical, social and ethical problems in pregnancy and has set up innovative services and ways of working across obstetrics and midwifery, and in perinatal mental health and domestic violence. She is a popular and challenging thinker and writer with an extensive research portfolio, particularly focussing on severe maternal morbidity. Sangeeta Agnihotri is currently a consultant in Gynaecology and Obstetrics at Whipp's Cross University Hospital, London. As well as maintaining a general gynaecology and obstetric practice, she has developed a special interest in maternal medicine. Sangeeta has written guidelines for the obstetric care of women with many conditions such as systemic sclerosis, SLE, HIV, congenital cardiac anomalies and sickle cell disease. After graduating from Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, her background and training have been both diverse and international. She is actively involved in teaching and helps to teach for the MRCOG courses at Whipp's Cross University and Royal Free Hospitals, London, The Madras Medical Mission, Chennai and AIIMS, Delhi. In addition, she has been delivering talks for multidisciplinary teams including doctors, midwives, nurses and police officers.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Specialty Training: Training in
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note200 colour photographs and 50 black and white line drawings
- Weight841 g
- Width195 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byIppokratis Sarris,Sangeeta Agnihotri,Susan Bewley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.