Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by windy01
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraining the Racehorse, first published in 1976 and widely considered the standard work in its field, will prove invaluable to anyone training, or aspiring to train, racehorses; it will also provide a captivating and thought-provoking insight for all racing fans. Tim Fitzgeorge-Parker provides a wealth of practical information on all aspects of finding, breaking, training and placing racehorses, and since this kwledge is drawn from his own experience and intimacy with many top trainers, the text is liberally sprinkled with anecdotes highlighting the humour and drama of the racing scene. A former pupil of the great Atty Persse, the author is a strong advocate of drawing upton the wisdom of ages. Making the point that our forefathers equine kwledge was born of necessity, he shows us impressive links between the methods of the old masters and those of today's most successful trainers. Now revised and enlarged to take account of the recent changes to the Rules of Racing, alterations to courses, and invations such as all-weather tracks, Training the Racehorse will both entertain and instruct a new generation of racing enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyAs a cavalry officer in the Royal Scots Greys, Tim Fitzgeorge-Parker has a distinguished military career, attaining the rank of Major and being awarded the Military Cross. On returning to civilian life, he continued his association with horses, race-riding as an amateur and becoming the last assistant to the late Atty Persse, whose great training career spanned five decades. After a period of training successfully in his own right, Tim Fitzgeorge-Parker became a racing journalist and author. His books include a series which studies the careers of eminent jockeys and trainers - Flat Race Jockeys: The Great Ones, Steeplechase Jockeys: The Great Ones and Great Racehorse Trainers and biographies of some of the foremost racing figures of recent times; Sir Noel Murless, Bruce Hobbs, Neville Crump and Brigadier 'Roscoe' Harvey. His most recent work The Ditch on the Hill explores the eighty year history of the Cheltenham Festival.
- Author(s)Tim Fitzgeorge-Parker
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/1998
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight820 g
- Width165 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byMartin Pipe
- Edition StatementReprinted edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.