All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraining the Wisdom Body presents the practice of lujong--exercise for our entire system, from the coarse aspects to the subtler and more profound. ( Lujong is a Tibetan compound word: lu meaning body and jong meaning training or practice. ) It provides a thorough foundation for those new to the practice, supports continued practice for those already familiar with the exercises, and helps people engaged in any form of yogic exercise to deepen the potent fusion of meditation and physical movement. The book includes an overview of the unique tradition of Buddhist yoga; presentations on the three foundational principles of renunciation, compassionate bodhichitta, and the profound view of reality; and an explanation of the three aspects--body, mind, and subtle body--that comprise our whole being. There are instructions on how to work with the body and mind in seated meditation and discussion that explores ways we can further our practice by working with adversities such as fear, procrastination, and anxiety and by looking at how to bring practice mind into daily life. Finally, the book includes exercise instructions that give a complete explanation of the movement practices, with photos to illustrate.
- Author BiographyROSE TAYLOR GOLDFIELD is a second-generation Buddhist teacher of meditation, philosophy, and yogic exercise and dance. She holds an MA in Indo-Tibetan Buddhist studies from Naropa University. Having studied and practiced extensively in the Shambhala lineage, she began training in 2002 under the close guidance of the Tibetan master Khenpo TsUltrim Gyamtso, who appointed her teacher to his nuns in Bhutan and Nepal in 2005. Since childhood, she has trained extensively in a variety of physical disciplines, including classical ballet, competitive kickboxing, Nepalese dance, and Indian and Tibetan yoga. Rose lives in San Francisco and teaches under the auspices of the Wisdom Sun practice and study community.
- Author(s)Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamtso,Rose Taylor Goldfield
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Content Note40 Black and White Photographs
- Weight295 g
- Width162 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.