All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrajectories brings together cultural theorists t only from countries with a kwn historical critical tradition such as America, Canada and Australia but from the East-Asia locations of Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, India and Thailand. It constitutes a critical confrontation between the imperial and colonial co-ordinates of rth and south, east and west. Without rejecting the Anglo-American practices of cultural studies, the contributors present critical cultural studies as an internationalist and decolonized project. Trajectories links critical energies together and charts future directions of the discipline. The contributors discuss subjects such as Japanese colonial discourse, cultural studies out of Europe, Chinese nationalism in the context of global capitalism, white panic, stories from East Timor, queer life in Taiwan and new social movements in Korea. The book ends with an interview with Stuart Hall.
- Author BiographyKuan-Hsing Chen teaches at the National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan. He is the author of Media/Cultural Criticism: A Popular-Democratic Line of Flight (Taipei, 1992) and co-editor of Stuart Hall: Critical Dialogues in Cultural Studies (Routledge, 1996).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/1998
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCulture and Communication in Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byKuan-Hsing Chen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.