All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionFrank was an American Music Legend. His life was brief, 1901-1956, but he left us a legacy of his phograph records. When Jimmy Dorsey joined the Ray Miller Orchestra, he was asked to play like Tram. Lester Young carried Tram's recordings in his suitcase. 'Toots' Mondello said that a sax man wasn't judged complete until he mastered Trumbauer's solo on 'Singin' The Blues.'
- Author BiographyPhilip R. Evans is a renowned researcher, writer, and consultant of the music and musicians of the bygone era. He co-authored Al Jolson (Scarecrow, 1984) with Larry Kiner and Philip R. Evans, as well as The Red Nichols Story (Scarecrow, 1997) with Stan & Steve Hester, and Linda Evans. Larry F. Kiner compiled discographies since the 1940s, with special emphasis on the personalities of the pre- 1950 era and some of the non-jazz orchestras. Among his books are discographies on Nelson Eddy (Scarecrow, 1992), and Al Jolson (Scarecrow, 1984).
- Author(s)Larry F. Kiner,Philip R. Evans,Rosy McHargue,Warren Scholl
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/06/1994
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleStudies in Jazz
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 18
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1089 g
- Width148 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.