About this product
- DescriptionWe emerge from these poems, scathed and awakened. --Poetry An excellent choice for any collection looking to expand poetry beyond the obvious. --Library Journal, starred review Trances of the Blast is a major new collection from beloved and award-winning poet Mary Ruefle. Full of the peculiarity and wit characteristic of Ruefle's work, the poems deliver her imaginative take on the world's rifts--its paradoxes, failures, and loss--and help us to better appreciate its redeeming strangeness. From Goodnight Irene : I think the tree is very much turned on I can feel its sticky sap rising in my eyes Its sticky sap is in my eyes I do t think the tree wishes it were dead I think the baby is very much turned on Look baby a birdie in the tree Say bye-bye birdie w go out and get a job My job is writing poems and reading them to a cloud Mary Ruefle is the author of many books of prose, poetry, and erasures. She is the recipient of the William Carlos Williams award, an Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters, a Guggenheim fellowship, a National Endowment for the Arts fellowship, and a Whiting Award. Her book of lectures, Madness, Rack, and Honey, was named a finalist for the National Books Critic Circle award. She lives and teaches in Vermont.
- Author BiographyMary Ruefle is the author of Madness, Rack, and Honey: Collected Lectures, a finalist for the 2013 National Book Critics Circle Award in criticism (Wave Books, 2012), and Selected Poems (Wave Books, 2010), winner of the William Carlos Williams Award. She has published ten other books of poetry, a book of prose (The Most of It, Wave Books, 2008), and a comic book, Go Home and Go to Bed! (Pilot Books/Orange Table Comics, 2007); she is also an erasure artist, whose treatments of nineteenth-century texts have been exhibited in museums and galleries and include the publication of A Little White Shadow (Wave Books, 2006). Ruefle is the recipient of numerous honors, including an Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters, a Guggenheim Fellowship, a National Endowment for the Arts grant, and a Whiting Award. She lives in Bennington, Vermont, and teaches in the MFA program at Vermont College.
- Author(s)Mary Ruefle
- PublisherWave Books
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWave Books
- Weight228 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.