All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransgendered playwright - performer, columnist, and sex worker Nina Arsenault has undergone more than sixty plastic surgeries in pursuit of a feminine beauty ideal. In TRANS(per)FORMING Nina Arsenault, Judith Rudakoff brings together a diverse group of contributors, including artists, scholars, and Arsenault herself to offer an exploration of beauty, image, and the tion of queerness through the lens of Arsenault's highly personal brand of performance art. Illustrated throughout with photographs of the artist's transformation over the years and demonstrating her diversity of personae, this volume contributes to a deepening of our understanding of what it means to be a woman and what it means to be beautiful. Also included in this volume is the full script of Arsenault's critically acclaimed stage play, The Silicone Diaries .
- Author BiographyJudith Rudakoff is an award-winning dramaturg and coauthor of Between the Lines: The Process of Dramaturgy. She is a Professor of Theatre at York University in Toronto, Canada.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJudith Rudakoff
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.