All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow that we live in a world that seems increasingly familiar, putatively marked by a spreading sameness, anthropology must re-envision itself. This volume, the product of a vel encounter of American anthropologists of France and French anthropologists of the United States, explores the possibilities of that path through an experiment in the reciprocal production of kwledge.
- Author BiographyAnne Raulin is a Professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Paris West-Nanterre-La Defense and a member of the Laboratory of Urban Anthropology at CNRS, Ivry. She has published ethnographic fieldwork on both New York and Paris respectively in Manhattan ou la memoire insulaire (1997) and L'ethnique est quotidian: Diasporas, marches et cultures metropolitaines (2000) and is the author of a general textbook on urban anthropology, Anthropologie Urbaine (2001/2007). Susan Carol Rogers is Associate Professor of Anthropology at New York University and co-founder of the Society for the Anthropology of Europe. She is the author of books on rural France including Paysans, Femmes et Citoyens: Luttes pour le pouvoir dans un village lorrain (1980, with Claude Karnoouh and Hugues Lamarche) and Shaping Modern Times in Rural France: Transformation and reproduction of an Aveyronnais community (1991).
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note2 tables
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAnne Raulin,Susan Carol Rogers
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.