All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMarine Spatial Planning (MSP) is an integrated and comprehensive approach to ocean governance and is used to establish a rational use of marine space and reconcile conflicting interests of its users. MSP allows both a high level of environmental protection and a wide range of human activities and emphasizes coordinated networks of national, regional and global institutions. This book focuses on the framework of international law behind MSP and especially on the transboundary aspects of MSP. It first sets out a general framework for transboundary MSP and then moves on to compare and assess differences and similarities between different regions. Specific detailed case studies include the EU with the focus on the Baltic Sea and North Sea, the Bay of Bengal and Great Barrier Reef in Australia. The authors examine the national and regional significance of MSP from an integrated and sustainable ocean governance point of view. They also show how transboundary MSP can create opportunities and positive initiatives for cross-border cooperation and contribute to the effective protection of the regional marine environment.
- Author BiographyDaud Hassan is Director of Higher Degree Research in the School of Law at the University of Western Sydney, Australia. Tuomas Kuokkanen is a Ministerial Adviser with the Ministry of Environment, Finland and Professor of International Environmental Law at the University of Eastern Finland. Niko Soininen is Lecturer of Environmental Law and Jurisprudence at the University of Eastern Finland.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleEarthscan Oceans
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 17 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDaud Hassan,Niko Soininen,Tuomas Kuokkanen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.