All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTranscendental Meditation (TM) is a simple, natural method of allowing the mind to go beyond thoughts and gain access to the silent inner field of creativity, energy, peace and happiness that is our own essential nature, our Self. Widely kwn and prescribed by physicians for its powerful stress-reducing effects, TM is much more than that. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (1918-2008), who brought TM to the West, said that TM offers any individual t only a gateway to the highest spiritual unfoldment (Enlightenment), but also 'sound physical and mental health, greater ability in action, a greater capacity to think clearly, increased efficiency in work and more loving and rewarding relationships with others'. Five million TM practitioners around the world and more than 360 published, peer-reviewed scientific studies have consistently corroborated these lofty claims. Described as 'a great book, by far the most comprehensive on the TM Program' when it was a bestseller in its original version, Jack Forem's study of TM became a much-loved classic. This updated edition contains all the features of the original plus much more. Clear, easy-to-read diagrams explain scientific research showing TM's beneficial effect on the brain and a broad spectrum of contemporary concerns, from health, self-actualization and development of intelligence to post-traumatic stress (PTSD), attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and much more. In these pages, Oprah Winfrey tells how she has offered TM to everyone on her staff. Dr Mehmet Oz explains the benefits of TM for heart health. School principals describe the dramatically positive effect on their students when TM is introduced in the classroom. Interviews with celebrities as well as men and women of every age, background and religion provide a lively testimonial to the efficacy of TM in making anyone's life happier, healthier, and more creative.
- Author BiographyJack Forem met Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in late 1966, learned Transcendental Meditation, and within days embarked on what would be a 15-year career of discipleship and teaching. After studying with Maharishi in India, Forem served as head of the TM centre in New York and on Maharishi's International Staff; taught training courses for TM teachers in Europe; traveled widely as a spokesman for Maharishi's worldwide activities; led conferences and seminars on the development of creativity, leadership and higher states of consciousness; and wrote a bestselling book on Maharishi and TM.
- Author(s)Jack Forem
- PublisherHay House UK Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHay House UK Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrationsstrations (black and white)
- Weight580 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.