All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an introduction to the topic of transcendental numbers for upper-level undergraduate and graduate students. The text is constructed to support a full course on the subject, including descriptions of both relevant theorems and their applications. While the first part of the book focuses on introducing key concepts, the second part presents more complex material, including applications of Baker's theorem, Schanuel's conjecture, and Schneider's theorem. These later chapters may be of interest to researchers interested in examining the relationship between transcendence and L-functions. Readers of this text should possess basic kwledge of complex analysis and elementary algebraic number theory.
- Author BiographyM. Ram Murty is a professor of mathematics at Queen's University. Purusottam Rath is a professor of mathematics at the Chennai Mathematical Institute.
- Author(s)M. Ram Murty,Purusottam Rath,Sanoli Gun
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight361 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.