All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionSince the discovery of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and transcranial electrical stimulation (tES), these non-invasive brain stimulation (NIBS) techniques have been used to investigate the state of cortical excitability, and the excitability of the cortico-cortical and corticospinal pathways. In addition, these techniques have been found to induce neuroplasticity-a significant breakthrough in our understanding of the brain at work. Transcranial Brain Stimulation presents a wide range of possible brain stimulation applications and discusses what new information can be gained from using this technique on the dynamics of brain functions, hierarchical organization, and effective connectivity. Implications of recent findings related to the therapeutic application are discussed by an international group of leading experts, who present practical guidance on the use of each technique, and catalog the results of numerous TMS and tES studies on biological and behavioral effects.
- Author BiographyCarlo Miniussi is an Associate Professor of Human Physiology at the Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnologies, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Italy. Walter Paulus is a Professor of Clinical Neurophysiology and Head of the Department of Clinical Neurophysiology at Georg-August University in Gottingen, Germany. Paolo M. Rossini is a Professor of Clinical Neurology at the University of Campus Biomedico in Rome, Italy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFrontiers in Neuroscience
- Series Part/Volume Number52
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note59 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byPaolo M. Rossini,Prof. Carlo Miniussi,Walter Paulus
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.