Transcultural Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Anxiety and Depression: A Practical Guide by Andrew Beck (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTranscultural Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Anxiety and Depression is a practical and accessible guide, drawing on current research in CBT and clinical practice. It aims to support therapists in taking a reflective and evidence based approach to genuinely improving access and outcomes for Black and Mirity Ethnic service users. It highlights the skills that clinicians need to undertake Culturally Adapted and Culturally Sensitive CBT and provides practical ideas and case examples that will enable therapists to feel confident in adapting models of assessment and treatment across cultures. The emphasis of this book is on practical clinical techniques and approaches but it is firmly grounded in the research literature on this topic. Therapists, supervisors and service leads will find useful ideas to support and enrich transcultural working and develop their confidence when applying evidence based interventions across cultures. Transcultural Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Anxiety and Depression will be of interest to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) trained cognitive behaviour therapists, clinical psychologists and cognitive behaviour therapists. The book will also appeal to those undertaking advanced or postgraduate studies in CBT.
- Author BiographyAndrew Beck has been working as a cognitivebehaviour therapist since 1997 and has published several research papers on transcultural CBT, including work on clinical outcomes and the views of service users who have benefited from CBT. He is senior lecturer on the North West England IAPT training programme and Honorary Senior Lecturer on the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Manchester University. Beck is Chair of the Equality and Culture Special Interest Group of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP) and has worked with colleagues in Chennai to establish the first stand-alone CBT training course in India. Twitter handle: @andrewbeck45
- Author(s)Andrew Beck
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white line drawings
- Weight312 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.