All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn understanding of the effect of a country's culture on ethical decision-making is important for avoiding potential business pitfalls for organizations wishing to implement more effective international management programs. The goal of this book is to analyze the different cultural features of China and Germany and then to explore an effective medium which could be conductive to a better communication between Chinese and German businessmen while facing differences in making ethical decisions. In the empirical part of the book, a survey is conducted to find out whether there are differences in ethical perceptions and judgments between them and in which aspects they are different. In the opinion of the author, differences in ethical perceptions and judgments of businessmen are t independent from cultural influence. Real differences do exist. An effective communication medium mainly based on traditional Chinese Daoism philosophy is explored for the possibility of ist application in moderating conflicts.
- Author BiographyQing Tian, born in China, worked as an associate professor in Zhejiang University in China. She received her B.A. in China and her M.A. and Ph.D. in Philosophy from Kiel University in Germany. She is now teaching and doing research in Macau.
- Author(s)Qing Tian
- PublisherMeidenbauer, Martin, Verlagsbuchhandlung GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2004
- ImprintMeidenbauer, Martin, Verlagsbuchhandlung GmbH & Co. KG
- Weight260 g
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.