All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive book on electroacoustic transducers and arrays for underwater sound Includes transducer modeling techniques and transducer designs that are currently in use Includes discussion and analysis of array interaction and nlinear effects in transducers Contains extensive data in figures and tables needed in transducer and array design Written at a level that will be useful to students as well as to practicing engineers and scientists
- Author BiographyDr. Charles H. Sherman received the B. S. degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the M. S. and Ph. D degrees from the University of Connecticut. He worked mainly at the Navy Underwater Sound Laboratory in New London, CT, but also at Tracerlab, Inc. in Boston, MA, and Parke Mathematical Laboratories in Carlisle, MA, and now works at Image Acoustics, Inc. He has presented and published over thirty papers related to acoustics and transducers, and was elected Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America in 1974. He taught advanced acoustics at the University of Connecticut and transducers in the Ocean Engineering Department of the University of Rhode Island. He has over 40 years experience in underwater sound transducers and arrays. Dr. John L. Butler is President and Chief Scientist at Image Acoustics, Inc. and has had over thirty five years of both practical and theoretical experience in the design and analysis of underwater sound transducers and arrays. He has worked for Harris Transducer (now Harris Acoustic Products Corporation), Parke Mathematical Laboratories, Massa Products Corporation and Raytheon Company, consulted to a number of underwater acoustics firms and the U. S. Navy, taught courses in acoustics, holds seventeen patents on transducers and has presented or published over thirty papers on electroacoustic transducers. In 1977 he was elected Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America. His education includes: Ph. D., Northeastern University, Boston, MA, and Sc. M., Brown University, Providence, RI.
- Author(s)Charles H. Sherman,Charles Sherman,John L. Butler
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleUnderwater Acoustics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note159 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight873 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.