All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this lively, thought-provoking study, AnaLouise Keating writes in the traditions of radical U.S. women-of-color feminist/womanist thought and queer studies, inviting us to transform how we think about identity, difference, social justice and social change, metaphysics, reading, and teaching. Through detailed investigations of women of color theories and writings, indigeus thought, and her own personal and pedagogical experiences, Keating develops transformative modes of engagement that move through oppositional approaches to embrace interconnectivity as a framework for identity formation, theorizing, social change, and the possibility of planetary citizenship. Speaking to many dimensions of contemporary scholarship, activism, and social justice work, Transformation Now! calls for and enacts invative, radically inclusionary ways of reading, teaching, and communicating.
- Author BiographyAnaLouise Keating is a professor of women's studies at Texas Woman's University and the author of Teaching Transformation: Transcultural Classroom Dialogues and other books.
- Author(s)AnaLouise Keating
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication04/11/2013
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note1 table
- Weight567 g
- Width3971 mm
- Height5983 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.