All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionChina is inevitably becoming a giant in the world ecomy. All international companies in the United States have a presence in China, and many international Chinese companies have a presence in the United States. These companies face complex challenges in their global value chain: strategy, sales and marketing, supply chain management, information techlogy, and production. This book examines case studies from companies who have successfully navigated this new market environment. The book starts with strategy as a fundamental stage in the value chain. It then proceeds to explore globalization of sales and marketing, logistics and supply chain challenges of supporting global operations, necessary changes to the IT system capabilities as firms begin to address new markets, and finally, efficient and competitive production processes. The book will be valuable to managers who are looking for tools that have been used successfully by industry leaders, as well as to instructors who would like to use real-world practice to educate future managers and decision makers.
- Author BiographyBehnam Tabrizi is Consulting Professor in the Department of Management Science and Engineering at Stanford University. His article in Administrative Science Quarterly, co-authored with Kathy Eisenhardt, won the 2001 Award for Scholarly Contribution for a paper that had the greatest influence on subsequent theory and research in the field of management. He has also published articles in Harvard Business Review. As a frequent traveler to China in recent years, Tabrizi has worked with more than 300 CEOs of the largest private and public Chinese companies on their corporate transformation. He has been featured in China Daily and on BBC and C-SPAN. Mitchell M. Tseng is Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), and Director of the Advanced Manufacturing Institute. He coedited (with Frank T. Piller) The Customer Centric Enterprise: Advances in Mass Customization and Personalization (2003). Tseng has held senior management positions at Xerox and Digital Equipment Corporation and faculty positions at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Behnam N. Tabrizi,Mitchell M. Tseng
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2007
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleStanford Business Books
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note51 tables, 59 figures
- Weight662 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.