All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere has never been so much pressure on nprofit boards of directors to achieve a level of accountability that meets public and stakeholder expectations. Member-serving association boards may be especially challenged by their more complex affiliate structures and a greater emphasis on representative governance. But what does the journey to good governance look like? Markedly different from existing board development books, this modern approach focuses less on the behaviors and qualities of high-performing boards and more on the stages and processes that directors and their staff used to transform their boards. Based on research funded by the ASAE Foundation, the book fills a gap in the governance literature by emphasizing diagsis and problem solving, using the actual tools and activities implemented by 85 transformed associations. Combining the credibility of scholarly research with lively and compelling stories, tools, and teachable moments, this book is designed to help associations and other nprofit organizations achieve the entire journey to good governance, from first to last steps.
- Author BiographyBETH GAZLEY is associate professor at Indiana University-Bloomington. Her scholarship addresses many aspects of public and nonprofit management capacity, intersectoral and interorganizational relations, and nonprofit public policy. KATHA KISSMAN is president and CEO of the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute Foundation. In addition, she is a BoardSource senior governance consultant as well as an independent nonprofit organizational development consultant.
- Author(s)Beth Gazley,Katha Kissman
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/09/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleASAE/Jossey-Bass Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight542 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.