All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study-the result of a collaboration between CSIS and the JICA Research Institute in Japan-reviews U.S. and Japanese public and private approaches to invation, including building invation ecosystems and promoting smart cities techlogy. It also presents two case studies that explore a specific invative techlogy and its development impact. First is invation-enabling platforms, including the Bohol Fabrication Lab, in the Philippines. Second is invative approaches to urbanization, including a smart cities approach, in Jakarta, Indonesia. The report discusses challenges and approaches to supporting invation in developing country contexts. It concludes with recommendations and final thoughts for developing-country governments, bilateral dors and multilateral organizations, and other actors to create an agenda around operationalizing transformative invation for sustainable development and poverty reduction.
- Author BiographyHelen Moser is a research fellow with the Project on Leadership and Development at CSIS. Charles Rice is a research assistant with the Project on Leadership and Development at CSIS.
- Author(s)Helen Moser
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication20/05/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleCSIS Reports
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight231 g
- Width212 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.