All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the fundamentals of electromagnetics, this clear and concise text explains basic and applied principles of transformer and inductor design for power electronic applications. It details both the theory and practice of inductors and transformers employed to filter currents, store electromagnetic energy, provide physical isolation between circuits, and perform stepping up and down of DC and AC voltages. The authors present a broad range of applications from modern power conversion systems. They provide rigorous design guidelines based on a robust methodology for inductor and transformer design. They offer real design examples, informed by proven and working field examples. Key features include: * emphasis on high frequency design, including optimisation of the winding layout and treatment of n-sinusoidal waveforms * a chapter on planar magnetic with analytical models and descriptions of the processing techlogies * analysis of the role of variable inductors, and their applications for power factor correction and solar power * unique coverage on the measurements of inductance and transformer capacitance, as well as tests for core losses at high frequency * worked examples in MATLAB, end-of-chapter problems, and an accompanying website containing solutions, a full set of instructors presentations, and copies of all the figures. Covering the basics of the magnetic components of power electronic converters, this book is a comprehensive reference for students and professional engineers dealing with specialised inductor and transformer design. It is especially useful for senior undergraduate and graduate students in electrical engineering and electrical energy systems, and engineers working with power supplies and energy conversion systems who want to update their kwledge on a field that has progressed considerably in recent years.
- Author BiographyWilliam Gerard Hurley, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, National University of Ireland, Galway Professor Hurley is the Founder/Director of the Power Electronics Research Centre at NUI, Galway. He has over 35 years of experience in the field of Power Electronics, specifically dealing with Magnetics, and is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers of Ireland. He is currently an Associate Editor of the Journal of Advances in Power Electronics. He has published more than 100 papers in peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings with over 700 citations. Werner H. Wolfle, Convertec Ltd., Ireland Dr. Wolfe is currently a Managing Director of Convertec Ltd., a company that develops high-reliability power converters for industrial applications. He has been involved with designing magnetic components for power electronics for over 30 years and is also an Adjunct Professor of Electrical Engineering at the National University of Ireland, Galway.
- Author(s)W. G. Hurley,W. H. Wolfle
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight808 g
- Width177 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.